City Colleges of Chicago Welding Instructor-Part Time in Chicago, Illinois
WELDING INSTRUCTOR-PART TIME
DAWSON TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
- This is an exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois and among the largest in the nation.
- Dawson Technical Institute (DTI) is dedicated to providing students with intensive and comprehensive industry validated training in the construction trade and utility industries. DTI is committed to preparing students to compete in these industries by offering relevant competency-based instruction that leads to unionized apprenticeship and other relevant trade and utility worker opportunities.
- The Welding Instructor is responsible for teaching Combination Welding day classes for our Construction Technology program.
* * Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning
* * Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate welding subject matter to students
* * Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs
* * Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments
* * Develop, update and post course syllabi in a timely manner
* * Familiar with Black Board and or Student Management System
* * Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of Combination Welding ( MIG, TIG ARC, and Stick) in all positions
* * Ability to connect subject matter with related fields
* * Use technology to enhance teaching and the educational experience
* * Mastery of blueprint reading and math for welders
* * Prepare and maintain welding lab, order appropriate materials and supplies
* * Establish meaningful learning student learning outcomes for courses/programs
* * Develop and explain methods that fairly measure student progress toward student learning outcomes.
* * Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning
* * Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit all appropriate documentation for administrative procedures including Midterm and Final Grades.
* * Associate’s Degree in vocational arts with an emphasis in welding.
* * Five years’ experience supervising or teaching welding
* * At lease one industry credential from the American Welding Society
* * Journeyman status preferred.
- For consideration:
- All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents together in MS Word or PDF format:
* * A copy of your resume or curriculum vitae
* * Official transcripts must be provided at time of interview.* ** *
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Thanks for your interest in CCC!
Primary Location: Dawson Technical Institute
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2018, 10:28:12 AM
Req ID: DAW0000142
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: N/A